Old 17-03-2007, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default A reasonable TV programme!

Good lord I actually enjoyed a TV programme last night. Open gardens was
really quite interesting though we didn't see a lot of detail in the
actual planting or the plants themselves. Rather the 'story' about
attempts at getting in the NGS book.
Why couldn't we see the actual plants properly?

Didn't think Carol Klein did too bad a job, though the people that
inspect the gardens, at least in Bucks., are not fearsome creatures
shown on the programme!

More programmes showing NGS gardens might encourage others to open their
gardens, it might inspire people to jazz up their own plots as often the
gardens are on a more intimate scale than the great public acres. It
might also generate visitors to the gardens all in a good cause.

I never did find out what dreadful diseases the first couple were
enduring so that they had to get into the NGS book quickly before they
had to downsize into a bungalow, but any couple that manage to get their
two teenage boys to help cultivate the plot must be blessed with some
special skills unknown to a lot of us

have I missed some good programmes in the series?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph