Old 17-03-2007, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default A reasonable TV programme!

"Janet Tweedy" wrote
Good lord I actually enjoyed a TV programme last night. Open gardens
was really quite interesting though we didn't see a lot of detail in
the actual planting or the plants themselves. Rather the 'story' about
attempts at getting in the NGS book.
Why couldn't we see the actual plants properly?

snip

It's always annoyng when they don't show more of the planting, or when
they do it's all arty close ups that don't give you any idea of scale or
what the plant is actually like, but this series concentrates more on
the layouts of the gardens concerned, and how the owners improve things
to be accepted for the NGS.

I thought that chap's idea of turning the despised ivy-draped shed at
the bottom of his plot into a studio to display his garden photography
was a masterstroke.

have I missed some good programmes in the series?

I think that one was only the second, so you haven't missed too much.
They first showed this series a few months ago in the afternoons with no
pre publicity. I missed the first few programmes then, so I'm very
pleased to see it repeated and given a better slot. I do hope Carol
Klein does more of these in future because I found this series very
enjoyable, and as Charlie says, it's all good advertising for the NGS
and the 'Yellow Book' gardens.

--
Sue