Old 18-03-2007, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Pepino dulce

On 17/3/07 15:08, in article
, "Dave Hill"
wrote:

snip
Thanks for the contact Sacha, I will email them over the weekend.
The American site I ordered the Pepino seed from
ishttp://www.banana-tree.com/.
Pam.
I still have one small fruit on a plant in a cold house.
I will be cutting back this weekend.

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Well the seeds have arrived from the US of A.
PEPINO / Solanum muricatum x 100
ACTINIDIA melandra , packet
DIOSPYROS lotus "Date Plum" , packet
SOLANUM quitoense "Naranjilla" , packet
UGNI molinae "Chilean Cranberry Shrub" x 100
DIOSPYROS kaki "Japanese Persimmon" , packet
DIOSPYROS virginiana "Persimmon" , packet

Should be interesting

It sounds it - perhaps you can put up some pics somewhere when they flower.
I bought Ray a Citrus medica "Buddha's Hand" which arrived on Friday and he
had to open his birthday present early. He's delighted with it but
unfortunately they had to cut the fruits off for transportation. However,
they included them with the plant and Ray has tied one onto the tree to show
what it should look like! The other lay on the table in the big double and
all day yesterday, people were asking what it is. The lemon scent is
absolutely fantastic, never known anything so strong and apparently people
hang the fruits up in their houses to perfume them. I'm not a bit
surprised. What with the Meyer's lemon, the Citrus medica and now Buddha's
hand this is turning into a citrus farm. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk