Old 18-03-2007, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default How lovely it all is!

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 17 Mar, 11:08, "'Mike'" wrote:
Wish him Happy Birthday please. Our Grandson is 12 on the 25th but we
will
be away in the sunshine.

I did and thank you Mike! Wonderful day we've all had. Today we're
seeing again all the weathers imaginable. Just hailed really bad and
now we've got glorious sunshine. We talked about the Isle of White
last night - about 10 years ago we hired a lovely cottage in
Bonchurch, right by the beach and we're thinking of doing this again.
We remembered trying to keep the children awake under a blanket in the
garden in complete silence, waiting to see the badgers coming for the
food we'd left. When they did arrive, the kids were fast
asleep ... ))

We'll have to pay you a visit - that island holds many great memories
to us!

Certainly a magical place :-))

I left the Island to join the 'Rat Race' on the mainland :-(( in the very
late 1950's. Dropped 5 ranks in the Civil Service in 1972 to return

Two of my children have never left the Island, two have left and are trying
to get back :-)

That cottage on Bonchurch shoreline are magical. I did know someone who
owned one, but that was a long time ago.

Let's know when you are coming. Look forward to seeing you.

Mike

--
www.rneba.org.uk