Old 18-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Rachel Aitch Rachel Aitch is offline
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post
Bloms Bulbs:

Very poor attitude.
Dave, I couldn't agree more. One of my clients wanted to start a new bed, and gave me a Bloms catalogue from which to choose a selection that fitted her brief. (no, not her briefs, he he)

They were VERY expensive, and when they arrived, they were tiny little scraps of things that really should have been cossetted in a nursery bed for a year before being flung out into a real garden. Needless to say, hardly any of them survived.

My client did complain to Bloms, but apparently just received a brush-off in response.

Not exactly what you want in a plant supplier!

Mind you, I also steer people away from the Sunday Insert Special Offers where you get 101 plants for a fiver, with a picture of a 20-foot long border bursting with colour....
www.Rachel-The-Gardener.co.uk (still building website, don't expect too much!)
Jobbing Gardener, South Oxfordshire
Living Willow Sculptures and Plant Sales