Old 18-03-2007, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Robinson Peter Robinson is offline

Default Capsicum seeds or sweet pepper seeds

doobydoobydo wrote:

I planted some sweet pepper seeds in some 3inch pots with compost. They
were Thompson and Morgan seeds named Pepper Gourmet, they are a swarf
compact orange fruit. They are in the conservatory which is heated but none
are germinating. They have been in 2 weeks and nothing and don't seem to be
rotten.

Still no joy?

When I read your post, I first intended to reply that my pepper seeds
("cherry bomb") were similarly idle. I sowed them in small pots on a
light cool windowsill on Feb 18th, but after doing nothing for a month,
they've almost all germinated within a few days of each other around
Friday.

Every thing else has germinated ie carrot, cucumber, lettuce,
spring onion, beetroot, radish.

I've never grown peppers from seed before, but I've read they behave
like tomatoes. That may be true, but the tomatoes I sowed in the same
conditions germinated within a week.

Any suggestions.

Patience?

Peter