Old 19-03-2007, 02:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
PA PA is offline

Default Orchid ID, please

Hi thanks,

Just another quick question. How do I found out if it is a warmer or
cool-growing?

The label just says "Orchid" and the watering instructions vary according to
the language!!!

And yes it is a pot inside a pot but the bigger pot if half full with gravel
so drainage and water in the roots should not be a problem.

Thanks for the help!!!

PA

"Bob Walsh" wrote in message
. ..
Is there any kind of name on the label?

That looks like a pot inside a pot without drain hole. Don't let the roots
sit in water unless its in semi-hydro per Ray's website.

bob
"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
I think I used to have something similar. It would bloom with a profusion
of flowers, sometimes 4 spikes per pseudobulb. Ah! What a nice plant!
Then it croaked (probably becasue I failed to water and fertilize it.) My
bad.

Anyway, I think one of the species in the background is endresii. I
think this may be sold by Hillsview Orchids in Oregon/Washington area.
In addition to the culture sheet Ray provided I think it'd do better with
rainwater, if you can get it.

K Barrett

"PA" alves###paulo@gmail#com wrote in message
Hi,

I got this orchid as a present and no clue of what it is.
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...N0034Small.jpg

Can you please give some advice on how to take care of this plant?
Normal water or rain water? sun or shade? light or dark? how much water?

At the moment it is in the office away from the sun.

Thanks in advance