Old 19-03-2007, 03:41 PM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi Reel McKoi is offline

Default Pond Plant Fertilizers

I find most are overpriced like so many products made for ponders. But not
all of us have 6 figure incomes. Jobe's Rose Spike fertilizer works great
for the pond plants I've used them on. This includes water lilies. They
grow huge leaves and some bloom all summer. I break the spikes into 3 or 4
pieces, then push 2 or 3 pieces down into the soil, covering the hole with a
chunk of gravel. The whole spike is too much for one lily. These spikes
cost a fraction of what you pay for the tabs meant for pond plants.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.