Old 20-03-2007, 05:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Adam[_2_] Adam[_2_] is offline

Default Preventing Unwanted Fruit on Apple Tree

I think this is a question best left to the manufacturer....

On Mar 20, 12:43 pm, wrote:
I have a large apple tree which dumps hundreds of pounds of mostly
unwanted apples on our property every year. I'd like to spray the tree
with Florel Fruit Eliminator this year to eliminate most of the fruit.
My questions is: Will any fruit that sets and ripens despite my
application of Florel fruit eliminator be safe to eat? The product
safety sheet only mentions Florel in the context of ornamental trees
and there avoids the whole edibility question but it's clear from
perusing usenet that many people are using it on edible fruit
producing trees. Does anyone have any experience with this product on
apple trees?

Thanks