Old 20-03-2007, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Wilson Chris Wilson is offline

Default Mowers for 2 acre lawn?

I have 2 acres of lawn to mow and my old Iseki SG15 diesel ride on with
grass collection is getting a bit past it. It has a 48 inch cut. I can't
decide whether to swap it for something similar sized with grass collection
or something with a six foot deck that either side discharges or mulches.
What difference in grass quality am I likely to see if i don't collect the
grass? What advantage is a "mulching" mower? The lawn isn't in a great
state at the moment anyway, as it has had chafer grubs in it the last 2
years... Thanks.
--
Best Regards,
Chris Wilson.