Old 27-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Sue

Default Are you looking for 'antique roses' ?

Hello the group,

back with a question (remember, I'm one with no experience but 15-20 roses
around the house) ... just curious, (1) if roses are cared for properly,
will they last for decades in a homeyard? (2) what is the average lifespan
of say a rose bush? and lastly, (3) are there folks that DO look for antique
roses and eventually take 'cuttings' (or, sorry to be so ignorant) or
whatever it is that would start a sister rose bush in another location ?

I realize once I read up on roses, go to my local rose society meetings
(soon!) I might have the answers, but isn't it always easier to ask via
email than face to face? *g*

thanks in advance
SUE
Colorado
Where the first leaves on some of my bushes HAVE
appeared ! Whereas before I was content to leave the
roses be, do as they will? This year, I'm feeling a
sense of urgency to caretake *s*