Old 20-03-2007, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_3_] Robert[_3_] is offline

Default Petrol Self-Propelled Lawn Mower for Small/Medium Lawn

In message , Si
writes
Hi all,

Looking for a reliable mower to do my garden and a few older members of the
families gardens too.

Was thinking of maybe getting a Honda Izy 41?

Any other suggestions for about the same price or maybe even less?

I want it to be self propelled, but not bothered about a roller.

I have had a self propelled Izy for 3 years. It is a reasonable buy,
particularly if you shop around the garden equipment dealers rather than
buy it from a B&Q type shed. The powder coated deck looks as though it
will last longer than a painted steel one but obviously it is not as
bomb proof as aluminium.

A couple of suggestions if you do get one - if you are going to leave it
unused for more than 4 weeks turn off the petrol and run until it stops
(helps to prevent the carb jets becoming blocked - it also helps to
squirt some carb cleaner spray into the air intake) and change the plug
every 2 years.
--
Robert