Old 21-03-2007, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baal Baal is offline

Default Watering of runner beans

Pam,

Thank you for your comments but I like the idea of a clear water bottle.

--

Baal

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article .com, Dave
Hill writes

I still don't see the point of the pot, cut a pop bottle into 6 inch
rings and use those, you'd get wind protection for the first few days,
no light loss, no place for pests to hide, and if you were going to
hoe the ground, protection from a careless cut with the hoe.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Quite! I couldn't see the point either but thought I was misunderstanding
the watering bit. .............
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph