Old 27-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Texensis

Default purple flowering trees

wrote:

| On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:12:09 GMT, animaux

| wrote:
|
| One neighbor called the police on
| me because he said I was growing pot. Asshole.
|
| Two years ago (in San Antonio), a former neighbor called in to
| complain about our "trashy" front yard. The city official who came
out
| complimented me on our xeriscape and said he wished other people
would
| do what we were doing.
|
| David
|
| Yeah. The same a-hole told another neighbor (who we are great
friends with) that our
| garden is a mess. He said that's why there are rats.
snip

We had the health department called once on us for our compost pile
and "weeds." .The person who arrived just laughed and said that
whatever the neighbors' rat problem was, it certainly was not our
yard. These are the kinds of neighbors who run an irrigation system
all night long every night throughout the summer and who love that old
weed and feed for their ugly nothing-but-lawn yard. We have some lawn,
also, but there are never any weeds in it, because a couple of years
of hand-picking takes care of it pretty much forever.