Old 19-03-2007, 11:30 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
drsolo drsolo is offline

Default spring work ~ what do you need to do this year?

lets see if this works. I signed up with reader.greatnowhere.com.
configured it with outlook express to get it to work since my agent 1.5 wont
download new groups...pffft.

anyway. what I like about my veggie filter is all the clean up is done in
fall and it and I am just waiting for it to get warm enough to put in the
plants. the water is now 58oF and the piggies want their food. Ingrid

"~ jan" wrote in message
Worked on the lily pond today. In the past I would drain it out completely
and suck the muck out and refill. I found that not only was it a great
waste of water, but then I had pH problems and getting the water balanced
again. So today I used the shop vac on the bottom and shelves. While it
drained I trimmed dead stuff off the marginals.

Many of the plants will need dividing, hopefully not too many of the

lilies
this year.

The main goal is to get a barrel filter connected, which requires ordering
the parts and digging a BIG hole for it. It will only be a 2 barrel

filter,
rather than 4 like the koi ponds.

I'll also have to trim the fish load in the koi ponds that I've yet to

take
the screens off of and start the filter. I was hoping to do that this
weekend, but they're predicting cooler temps again mid-week, so maybe next
weekend.

Marsh Marigold also about to burst into bloom. :-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State