Old 20-03-2007, 03:07 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
drsolo drsolo is offline

Default KOI $$$

There is a size for koi (and for goldfish) that seems to be a minimum for
good health. Koi should be at least 7 inches. If they are that size and
dont have a bent back, fused fins (for butterflys), ugly out of size
head.... then with good water and nutrition they generally wont develop
those. The colors arent stable, black especially fades in warmer water and
just generally over time. I know there are other unstable colors too. My
ugly fish have been ugly for quite a while, but they are part of the pond
and unless I move them to another of my ponds they arent going anywhere, I
certainly wouldnt kill them or hussle them off to a newbie death pond.
Ingrid

"~Roy~" wrote in message
But then what does one do with those so called pretty young fish
that grows up to be faded out ugly deformed monsters with bullhead
catfish heads and bent spines

There just is not any such thing as a quality cheap koi or