Old 22-03-2007, 03:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default AQ Plus

It will have all the award slides scanned by a student at the Pacific
Central from the Pacific Central slides. Please be aware that the slides are
usually crappy. Not the SCANS of the slides, the original slides themselves
were crap because the (volunteer) photographers are generally unskilled at
photography, therefore, do not expect the marvelous photos that you see
published in teh AQ or 'Orchids' magazine. Plan on always saying 'Here's a
crappy image...' when you present the picture for viewing to your
friends/colleagues. We always do, *G*.

That said they are better than nothing.

The student should get an award for selflessly scanning 40,000+ slides. It
took him 2-3 years. 'P' was especially hard. (Phals, Phrag, Paph.....) As
far as I know he didn't get a dime or any other consideration for the work.

OrchidWiz has a feature where you can access the eAOS program as long as you
own both programs. If anything it really shows the difference in useability
of the 2 programs. The eAOS is clunky and unintuitive, but it costs less
and has the images.

Remember The slides were crap to begin with. I can't say that enough
because teh public will have expectations of grand images of gorgeous
orchids,

And that just ain't so.

Never was.

K Barrett

"David Edgley" wrote in message
om...
The new "Orchids" magazine has a full page ad plugging the new AOS AQ Plus
program - formerly the e-AOS Awards Subscription Service. Before I order
it, does anyone have any comments?

David