Old 23-03-2007, 03:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
Lar Lar is offline

Default Tomatoes and Peppers

Ersalan Rahman wrote:
Hi I am growing some tomato and pepper plants in pots on my patio.
How often do tomato and pepper plants need to be watered? How long can
they survive without any water?

Ersalan

It is hard to guess....there are a number of factors... the size of the
pots, how much surface area of soil that will allow evaporation...how
much reflective heat that will be bouncing off of the patio and the wall
of the structure. Think that there are soil additives that will hold
moisture and slowly releases the moisture back into the soil for over a
longer period of time.

Lar