Old 23-03-2007, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Flowering tree with small white petals. What is it ?

In article , MikeCT
writes

"Sacha" replied:
Might be Prunus dulcis or Prunus subhirtella autumnalis - try doing a
Google
Image search for a pic of those to see if they look familiar.
---

I agree with Sacha, I have a lovely little compact Prunus Incisa 'Kojo No
Mai' in full flower just now. A small tree worth considering for its
flowers and autumnal leaf colours.

I got one last year Mike and took it to what we term in the gardening
club as 'The Top table' where we show off things currently putting on a
good show.
There were a surprising number of people who also had this shrub and all
agreed how lovely it is and the fact that autumn colour is good too.
Those that didn't have it left the meeting intending to get one very
soon!
It really is so pretty and so compact.
--
Janet Tweedy