Old 23-03-2007, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
topo topo is offline

Default Petrol Hedgecutter problem

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 15:51:04 GMT, topo ag @ag.mail.com wrote:

Bought this Spear & Jackson petrol hedgetrimmer from Argos ( I didn't
know they made petrol stuff either ) but thought at £90 and with the
S&J name it must be a good buy !
Haven't been disappointed - build quality good and starts OK the only
thing is it tends to cut out when cutting side of hedge . It says in
handbook that this will happen if fuel tank not kept full .........
however doing this adds to weight etc. which is a shame cos this model
is lighter than most for petrol types.
Just wanted to know if this problem is typical with petrol machines
..... anyone had similar experiences ?

Thanks for replies guys ... did think of trying it otherway round but
I am very right handed and it being so heavy to use prefer to hold the
thing with trigger handle in right hand etc.
I must say I get on better with my electric one but watching out for
the power lead is a b....r & at this price thought I would give it a
try !