Old 23-03-2007, 05:07 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Stephen Henning Stephen Henning is offline

Default How Old is your Pond ?

wrote:

My little pond turns 27 this spring. When it developed a big crack this
winter i sent my fish to my friend Jan's pond in Galveston for the winter.If
they survive all the shore birds that come to her pond for a drink of water
I'll bring them back home after the concrete patch cures

I have had my spring-fed, stone & mortar pond for 42 years. It was old
when we bought our home. We repaired the concrete bottom when we moved
in. Then a couple years ago we redid the top of the walls and filled in
the deep end with clay. The walls were OK except along the top where
plants had grown into cracks. It was originally built as a swimming
pool, but it has been a pond for about 35 years.
--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

18,000 gallon (17'x 47'x 2-4') lily pond garden in Zone 6