Old 23-03-2007, 07:32 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_2_] ~ jan[_2_] is offline

Default Koi fry

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:43:54 CST, "humBill" wrote:

Hi all - It is soooo nice to see the group back, albeit another incarnation.

I bought 6 little domestic koi fry about 6 weeks ago. They range between 1
and 2 inches. I put them in an aquarium to grow them out a little before
put them in the pond - and as a quarantine. Unfortunately all but 2 don't
seem to be fattening up, infact at least 3 of them are definitely getting
skinny and one died yesterday. The water is fine and the tank was cycled
from the start. In the absence of any other evidence I have to guess it is
my feeding. I have been feeding them goldfish and cichlid flake. It seems
all of them have been eating, but obviously something is amiss. Any
suggestions?
Thanks
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

How often are you doing a water change? Could you be more specific
regarding "water is fine"? :-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State