Old 23-03-2007, 07:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi Reel McKoi is offline

Default How Old is your Pond ?

"Kurt" wrote in message
In article ,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

wrote in message
My little pond turns 27 this spring. When it developed a big crack this
winter i sent my fish to my friend Jan's pond in Galveston for the
winter.If
they survive all the shore birds that come to her pond for a drink of
water
I'll bring them back home after the concrete patch cures
I'm curious to see how some of the liner ponds will do now that they have
been around 20 years
Don't some of the liners state a 20 year life time ?
=========================
We put the first liner pond in in the summer of 1996. It's a 60 mil
Tetra
rubber liner and it's still in excellent condition. The summer before
that
I made a small pond from a kiddy pool. I enjoyed that small pond so
much I
started digging...... :-)

Don't buy the thinner Home Depot Liner, Go for the professional thicker
grade. Also get the padded liner for underneath.

I agree. Our in-ground liners are from Tetra and we used heavy cardboard,
old carpeting and quilts to line the holes. Make sure all carpet tacks or
staples are removed. The Home Depot liner is used to line the above ground
fry tanks which are now 720g each.

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.