Old 24-03-2007, 04:09 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
asdfa asdfa is offline

Default Lawn mower edger help Please

"So go to Sears and take a picture of one yourself. You're the one that
screwed it up." Thanks for this helpful comment - you would have wasted less
energy if you had not written anything at all - at the least, it would have
served the same purpose NOTHING! , but then again not being a mean person, I
will thank you for the earlier useful postings. And the reason I asked
someone else to take a picture of their own machine, was because I didnt
think Sears would take it kindly if I started taking apart a working
lawnmower to get to the part I needed. I at the least don't walk behind the
counter at lets say..... -Mc Donalds- and fetch my own Mc Flurry because I
want it, its not my place and therefore not my money if I was to break
something trying to get what I needed at Sears or in my example Mc Donalds.
Thanks again.

Phillip

"Art" wrote in message
news
asdfa wrote:
Group,
So I took apart the carburator and the engine gave it all a good cleaning
and greasing (where needed) and got the edger to work Finally. So I
decided to take apart the lawn mower (craftsman 6.0 w/briggs and s motor)
I gave it all a good cleaning and greasing again where needed. But the
lawn mower still wont turn on. A few messages up I saw that the valve
had to be closed for the lawnmower to start. I think this is what the
problem is with the lawn mower the valve stays open. I must have
forgotten where the spring goes to control the opening and closing of the
valve or I am missing another spring. If anyone has a lawnmower like mine
model 917 387500 could you take a picture of the spring apparatus just on
top of the carburator. I've seen other models from craftsman at the
local sears that look like mine and look like they would have the same
components so a general picture would do., Thanks
Phillip

--
Art