Old 24-03-2007, 08:28 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Jim and Phyllis Jim and Phyllis is offline

Default Ponds and guns

Galen,

You amaze me. That is a form of weeding I have never tried!

We use season-long brush killer around the edges of the beds and mow
with a 30 horse tractor and a 5' finishing mower. Much faster than
riding mowers. The weed killer leaves an 8" dead zone. If I hit it
with the tractor, it looks like I have mowed to the edge. There are
some turns that the tractor cant get into. They stand out (or up!) and
become targets for the weed killer.

Bag those weeds!

Jim