Old 25-03-2007, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default First butterfly today

On 25/3/07 22:30, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote after
"Dave Hill" wrote
That item on the yellow Magnolia reminds me that there was a lovely
sulphur yellow (Brimstone?) around today, taking it's life in it's
hands (or should that be wings) by flying between our 4 bird feeders
whilst the birds were feeding, and none paid it any attention.

The next thing will be the first swallow, I wonder if that will be
early this year, normally we see ours around the 12 - 14th April

The birds at the feeders are not insectivorous David!

That said we have a couple of Robins that constantly feed from our seed only
feeders and they are certainly insect eaters as are the various species of
Tits.

Great tits are using the feeder outside my study window (first floor) but I
haven't yet spotted them anywhere else in the garden or the greenhouses. Do
they prefer to feed from on high?!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk