Old 26-03-2007, 02:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default Purple and white "daisy"?

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:15:57 GMT, KC wrote:

All of the dianthus I've seen have flowers with a fringe-like margin
or the wrong shaped petals. My plant's flowers are exactly like a
daisy's, about a dozen thin smooth petals. Diantus also doesn't have
anything in the deep, royal purple I have.

The foliage for dianthus is different, too. My plant's leaves are
light green, heart-shaped, 1-2" across, with an irregular margin. The
closest picture I can find is the roundest leaf of these scented
geraniums, though my plant isn't a geranium (based on the flower
shape):

http://www.mastergardening.com/t11140.html

KC

Maybe it's a Martha Washington Geranium. They usually have that
picote flower you describe and it comes in many colors.