Old 26-03-2007, 07:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
KC KC is offline

Default Purple and white "daisy"?

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 17:42:47 GMT, "windy"
wrote:

I just bought the same daisylike flower. It is named "Osteospermum Blue
eye" the tag reads: Shrubby spreading plants are covered with daisylike
flowers. Ground cover, beds... plant in full sun 30 inches apart.
...............Windy

No, it's not that flower. the petals are bi-color and the foliage is
different. Stewart Robert Hinsley led me in the right direction, it's
Pericallis Senetti, the Suntory Collection:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...00381443oIuJTr

Thanks for your help, though.

KC

"KC" wrote in message
.. .
I'm hoping someone here can help me identify this plant. I bought it
at Home Depot 2 weeks ago, but the DH threw out the pot and tag. The
pots were branded "Florida Friendly Plants.com," but their website
doesn't show this plant and I spoke to their rep today, who happened
to be at Home Depot and he couldn't help.

The flower is an inch across, daisy-like, with a dark purple center.
The petals are half vibrant purple (the outside end) and half white
(inside, next to the purple center). I've searched through pictures
of African Daisies, Cape Daisies, and can't find anything that
matches. Most of the flowers that have bi-color petals softly fad from
the color to white, but this petal has a fairly sharp transition. It's
very showy.

Here's the biggest problem, though. All of the daisy and daisy-shaped
flowers I've seen have either fine foliage or deeply forked leaves.
This plant has leaves that are heart shaped, with an irregular margin,
and from 1" to 2" across.

I'm trying to get some pictures to link to, but maybe someone knows
what this plant is.

KC - near Orlando, FL- Zone 9