Old 26-03-2007, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
newsb newsb is offline

Default Plum Moth

In article , Malcolm Race
writes
I have had problems with a fan trained Victoria plum. A number of the
fruits have 'worm' tracks through the flesh. Listhening to a gardening
program on the car radio I heard a suggestion that this migh be the
plum moth.

Plum Saw Fly. I've found the pheormone traps excellent. When I don't
use them loads of the fruit is infested; when I do, very few are. I
think you need to get the traps up as soon as the tree starts to get
into flower - and maybe replace the pheromone in 4-5 weeks.

--
regards andyw