Old 26-03-2007, 08:55 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
humBill humBill is offline

Default Koi fry

Sorry for my slow response. I do appreciate your suggestions.
Unfortunately my posts seem to be hit or miss as to whether they go up. I
had a much lengthier response but will go with this in case it doesn't go up
either.
Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

"humBill" wrote in message
. net...
Hi all - It is soooo nice to see the group back, albeit another
incarnation.

I bought 6 little domestic koi fry about 6 weeks ago. They range between
1 and 2 inches. I put them in an aquarium to grow them out a little
before put them in the pond - and as a quarantine. Unfortunately all but
2 don't seem to be fattening up, infact at least 3 of them are definitely
getting skinny and one died yesterday. The water is fine and the tank was
cycled from the start. In the absence of any other evidence I have to
guess it is my feeding. I have been feeding them goldfish and cichlid
flake. It seems all of them have been eating, but obviously something is
amiss. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas