Old 27-03-2007, 02:31 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_2_] ~ jan[_2_] is offline

Default Do fish grow over winter ?

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:42:06 CST, ©anadian Ponder "
wrote:

Now that the pond has finally thawed and the fish are starting to get
their mobility back , I have noticed that they are considerably bigger
than before the snow started to fall.

How can this be when I didn't feed them and they basically went into
hibernation mode ?

I've heard this before.

One of our more koi kichi members actually weighted his koi in the fall and
again in the spring and found that they didn't loose any weight over the
long winter. (Man, would that be depressing to me if after not eating all
winter I was still pre-diet weight. ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State