Old 27-03-2007, 02:13 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_7_] Jonno[_7_] is offline

Default Citrus leaf curl

Jolly wrote:
citrus gall wasp infestation can also cause new growth to curl up from the
plant being stressed, and as far as i know the only way to get rid of it is
to remove the infected branches (the ones with the little swollen nodes on
them) and use white oil to try and prevent reinfestation, keep the
fertilizer and water up to the plant too.
hope this helps
"Jolly" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Mar 26, 10:50 am, "Steve" wrote:
i got a few citrus plant and the leaves curl up, it is only on the new
shoots, how do i stop this?
steve

It may be citrus leaf miner. If the curled leaves have silver/grey
trails underneath then this will be the cause. There is no cure but
white oil can prevent it. I made my own using equal parts vegetable
oil and water with a dash of detergent. Spray this on new foliage. It
worked for my lemon tree in a pot but it's since kicked up its heels
as I can't water it enough in Brisbane

Here is a good refernce:
http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s1397350.htm

Joel

Plants will fall victim to these problems if the basics arent met. First
of all make sure you have the plants in a situation of plenty of
fertiliser, chook manure works wonders with citrus, and silverbeet will
really take of with this stuff.
Proper watering is also a necessity. If you overdo the watering, that
can also create a problem with root rot. (same effect as not watering,
not enough nutrients reach the plant) So if what youre doing is not
working, dont do it for a while and try something else. (sounds inane
but it works for me)
I have never had any problems with silverbeet, and its seen as
unburstable locally, so it may be something a simple as shallow depth of
soils, not enough drainage, soil too sandy soil hasnt got enough humus.
Let us know how you go. Also try changing position of plant next time,
as this will help assess the rpoblem.