Old 27-03-2007, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Carrots in tubs question.

Donna (UK) wrote:
I just used the peat free grow bags from B&Q and Homebase and they turned
out lovely. I grew onions near mine last year and that seemed to help keep
the pests down to a minimum.

Donna

"Anthony" wrote in message
Hi All

This year I am planning to sow carrots in tall drums, mainly to try and
keep them pest free.
Can anybody recommend a soil/compost mix to grow them in?
Thanks in advance

Anthony

As I have written before the only success I have had to keep root fly
away from carrots was growing them in a builders bulk bag. That I 2/3rds
filled with a mix of soil and well rotted leaf mould.