Old 27-03-2007, 10:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default First ...

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

asparagus spear picked this morning. Can't decide whether to keep it
until I get more or just eat this one.

Just one spear would never have made it in from the garden... ;-)
I've been known to eat them raw on the spot.

Peas are germinating. Rapini, 2 varieties of broccoli, 2 varieties of
cabbage, Swiss chard and beets have been set out. and seem to be ok. I
have to keep my eyes on the weather since I don't think that the beets
like it as cool as the others do. I also have onions and a little bit
of spinach to still set out.

I've got to get my containers together. I'm going to container garden
tomatoes this year in an attempt to conserve water...

What veggie crops are low water consumers that I can put in the main
garden bed?

Most of the tomatoes have germinated and are waiting for me to
transplant into larger containers. Just planted herb seeds and
eggplant and peppers are next.

Hm.

Time for me to finish weeding the herb garden and put in Dill and Basil.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.