Old 27-03-2007, 02:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default First ...

The Cook wrote:

asparagus spear picked this morning. Can't decide whether to keep it
until I get more or just eat this one.

Where are you located; try understand why I hate you; the snow is melting
rapidly but not gone; the only germination is happening indoors.

Enviously yours,

Old 27-03-2007, 03:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

asparagus spear picked this morning. Can't decide whether to keep it
until I get more or just eat this one.

Peas are germinating. Rapini, 2 varieties of broccoli, 2 varieties of
cabbage, Swiss chard and beets have been set out. and seem to be ok. I
have to keep my eyes on the weather since I don't think that the beets
like it as cool as the others do. I also have onions and a little bit
of spinach to still set out.

Most of the tomatoes have germinated and are waiting for me to
transplant into larger containers. Just planted herb seeds and
eggplant and peppers are next.
--
Susan N.

Old 27-03-2007, 10:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
The Cook wrote:

asparagus spear picked this morning. Can't decide whether to keep it
until I get more or just eat this one.

Just one spear would never have made it in from the garden... ;-)
I've been known to eat them raw on the spot.

Peas are germinating. Rapini, 2 varieties of broccoli, 2 varieties of
cabbage, Swiss chard and beets have been set out. and seem to be ok. I
have to keep my eyes on the weather since I don't think that the beets
like it as cool as the others do. I also have onions and a little bit
of spinach to still set out.

I've got to get my containers together. I'm going to container garden
tomatoes this year in an attempt to conserve water...

What veggie crops are low water consumers that I can put in the main
garden bed?

Most of the tomatoes have germinated and are waiting for me to
transplant into larger containers. Just planted herb seeds and
eggplant and peppers are next.

Hm.

Time for me to finish weeding the herb garden and put in Dill and Basil.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 27-03-2007, 11:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:29:33 GMT, Gary Woods
wrote:

The Cook wrote:

asparagus spear picked this morning. Can't decide whether to keep it
until I get more or just eat this one.

Where are you located; try understand why I hate you; the snow is melting
rapidly but not gone; the only germination is happening indoors.

Enviously yours,

I am in zone 7 in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. 20
minutes to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
--
Susan N.

Old 28-03-2007, 01:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

The Cook wrote:

asparagus spear picked this morning. Can't decide whether to keep it
until I get more or just eat this one.

Peas are germinating. Rapini, 2 varieties of broccoli, 2 varieties of
cabbage, Swiss chard and beets have been set out. and seem to be ok. I
have to keep my eyes on the weather since I don't think that the beets
like it as cool as the others do. I also have onions and a little bit
of spinach to still set out.

Most of the tomatoes have germinated and are waiting for me to
transplant into larger containers. Just planted herb seeds and
eggplant and peppers are next.

I've been eating asparagus for dinner every night (3 year old plants). Nobody
told me that when you cut one spear, another, BIGGER, one grows in the same spot
seemingly over night.

My peas are growing by leaps and bounds, the potatoes have broken ground. The
green peppers and tomatoes are blooming, as are the peach tree and the lavender
in the herb garden. And my first rose bloom of the year should be open by this
weekend.

After living in Seattle for 20 years, I'm so glad I moved to Savannah, Georgia!

--
Julie
http://www.miatoo.net

Old 28-03-2007, 06:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Bought a flat of Jiffy 7's. Soaked them. Left them outside. Had
dinner. My bunnies must have thought there was food there. They dug
at the flat and made a mess.

Old 28-03-2007, 07:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

In article ,
Julie wrote:

The Cook wrote:

[...]

As Daffy Duck used to say, "You are despicable."

Green with envy in Northern California,
- Bill

Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)