Old 27-03-2003, 06:44 PM
~ jan

Default Pond Vacuums - Any Experiences???

My tip is try your shop vac first. ) They will suck up under water and
the fish will move far away. Remember to remove the peated filter. ~ jan

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 17:05:08 GMT, (Jeff) wrote:

Hi,

I was looking to purchase a pond vacuum, to remove submerged leaves
and gunk from my pond (the pond is about 12ft x 6ft x 2ft deep, with 5
Sarasa's, all of whom survived the zone 5 Chicago winter).

I have the Foster & Smith catalog, and they show several models
that attach to a garden hose to provide the suction. Does anyone have
any experiences, good or bad, with these pond vacuums?
Any tips or concerns?

Thanks in advance for the advice!!!

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/