Old 27-03-2007, 10:43 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
[email protected] info@relaxingdecor.com is offline

Default Do fish grow over winter ?

On Mar 26, 1:42 pm, ©anadian Ponder " wrote:
Now that thepondhas finally thawed and the fish are starting to get
their mobility back , I have noticed that they are considerably bigger
than before the snow started to fall.

How can this be when I didn't feed them and they basically went into
hibernation mode ?

It depends on the fish age. like a teenager going in a growth spurt.
teenagers actually grow in their sleep faster then when awake. while
fish are not active during the winter it gives their cells time to do
other things like grow.

Pete
http://www.relaxingdecor.com