Old 27-03-2007, 10:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Lilies pushing leaves.

The winter sees ours go dormant. The old leaves die off but the core
hangs on and grows in the spring. When the core is dead, it rots. If
it is alive, you can tell its firmness. The winter darkness and cold
seem to combine.

Kurt, how many of your make it through the winter? I reckon that
50-70% of our make it...and lose their old leaves. I strip them off
in the spring to reduce the amount of organic dead stuff in the pond.

Jim

Jim