Old 28-03-2007, 04:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
KC KC is offline

Default Purple and white "daisy"?

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 22:27:32 -0500, (j etemadi)
wrote:

Would it be this one?
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thu...erie_tears.jpg

No, it's not; a few other people thought it was that one, too, but the
foliage is wrong and my petals are bi-colored.

Stewart Robert Hinsley led me in the right direction and it is Senetti
Pericallis, the Suntory Collection.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...00381443oIuJTr

It comes in a blue and white combo, above, and a magenta and white
combo, as well as those colors in a solid color petal. The link below
shows all four:
http://www.yoder.com/04041_SuntoryPericallis.pdf

But the Osteospermum you linked to is lovely and I will be getting a
few of them this weekend.

Another poster mentioned a variety of the Osteospermum with a bicolor
petal, with a softer transition than my Pericallis, so it's another
pretty choice:
http://www.peoriagardens.com/images/...olorPurple.jpg

KC