Old 28-03-2007, 08:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Buderschnookie Buderschnookie is offline

Default African Violet Pot Watering

"peter stickney" wrote in message

At any rate, I have this pot, I have a newly rooted cutting. I used
potting soil, it sits in the office at work in an east facing window,
it's all I have.

One thing to keep in mind- "potting soil" varies tremendously from brand to
brand and mix to mix. If the pot is very heavy in relation to its size when
you pick it up the potting soil may be too heavy and need more perlite mixed
in to allow your roots to breathe. Too heavy a soil gets waterlogged and
stays soggy far too long.

When you look at the potting soil is it black or are there lots of specks of
white or grey mixed in?
Or did you use a specialized "African Violet Potting Soil"?

--
Toni
South Florida USA