Old 28-03-2007, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Its not easy being green - Greenhouse heater.

On 28 Mar, 11:04, Paul Waites wrote:

Hi all,

Last year there was a BBC2 programme called "Its not easy being green".

In one of the episodes the presenter Dick Strawbridge built a greenhouse
heater out of a computer cpu fan, solar panels and a bit of piping....

Now that I've erected a nice shiny a wanted to try out his idea (It
involved circulating the air from the top of the house back into the
gravel bed on the floor.

I can't find any link on the internet or the BBC's website..... Has
anyone tried this idea or knows where there are plans for such a scheme.

Thanks,

Paul.

I would have thought just painting the floor black or a dark colour
would be simpler. If the slight reduction in light level were an
issue, an external reflector could make up for it.

(Assuming a concrete base)

NT