Old 28-03-2007, 03:07 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bonnie Bonnie is offline

Default Once A Year Fertilizer

On Mar 27, 6:04 pm, "kthirtya" wrote:
I always hoped the fish produced enough
waste to make all the lilies happy. No such
luck.
We put in three tabs per lily this year and that
will have to do it. We made the mistake of
making the pond too deep and you have to
drain it down a bit and put on waders to get
to the baskets.
Having a rigid handle on the baskets might work
to reach them easier.
With us it will be building a better thought out
pond with the next house that will do the trick.
(Next house a long ways off...)
k :-)

My lilies definitely suffer from lack of nutrients and it's not for
lack of fish waste! Last year I didn't fertilize at all and only
had three or four blooms the entire season.
I plan on adding some new lilies and trying the Once A Year
spikes.
Bonnie NJ