Old 28-03-2007, 03:08 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bonnie Bonnie is offline

Default Once A Year Fertilizer

On Mar 27, 5:57 pm, "Phyllis and Jim"
wrote:
On Mar 27, 2:36 pm, "Bonnie NJ" wrote:

Hi Jim,
There is still a little ice in the veggie filters and the water celery is already starting to show growth. The iris's are
also starting to green up - but that's it.
Today it's almost 80° so I don't think the ice will be around much longer! The shady areas of the yard still have snow.
Bonnie
NJ

BonnieDo your irises do the job for you? Mine don't grow fast enough
to pull nutrients. They do have nice root systems. I go with celery
and hyacinth because of the massive growth and root systems.

Jim

I don't know. I don't have any in the veggie filters now. They are
in a seperate bog. It was a thought to add them to the veggie filter
this year.