Old 28-03-2007, 06:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Subscribing to rpm

In article . com,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

On Mar 28, 12:06�am, "Phyllis and Jim"
wrote:
I note with joy how many have begun to post here on rpm. *Feels more
and more like our former welcoming community.

I note too that only 4 people have subscribed. *The charter sets the
group as open to all. *It would be nice to have more of us formally
subscribe.

Jim

Great idea!

Except that many access through other ISPs and news services.

I use Giganews for my Usenet access. Higher retention and a larger
selection of groups than offered by Google or regular ISPs. Google
bought Usenet a fgew years ago and has adapted it to its own format for
Google viewers.

My ISP (SBCGlobal) does not carry this group. Most ISPs have severely
cut back on offering news, with low retention and eliminating the binary
groups (take up too much bandwidth).