Old 28-03-2007, 08:58 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi Reel McKoi is offline

Default Subscribing to rpm

"Kurt" wrote in message
In article . com,
"Reel McKoi" wrote:

On Mar 28, 12:06�am, "Phyllis and Jim"
wrote:
I note with joy how many have begun to post here on rpm. Feels more
and more like our former welcoming community.

I note too that only 4 people have subscribed. The charter sets the
group as open to all. It would be nice to have more of us formally
subscribe.

Jim

==============================

Great idea!

Except that many access through other ISPs and news services.

You replied to my impersonator, not me. I access Usenet through several
free NSPs (news service providers).

brevity snip

My ISP (SBCGlobal) does not carry this group. Most ISPs have severely
cut back on offering news, with low retention and eliminating the binary
groups (take up too much bandwidth).

This is true. It doesn't only take up bandwidth, but I was told the abuse
complaints they received concerning those using Usenet was astronomical.
There's just too much room for abuse and subsequently law-suits. It wasn't
worth it to them as there are both free and pay NSPs out there. If I had to
access Usenet through Goolge I would give up on it altogether.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.