Old 28-03-2007, 08:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Saving a wet corner of my garden

Christopher Riley wrote in
:

On 3/28/07 12:16 AM, in article
,
" wrote:

In article ,

says...

This year I want to fix things. I'm planning to redistribute the
soil around the garden a little to build up that end, but there's
not that much soil I want to move. I'm thinking of other ideas --
but need the solution to be cheap, or free. Here's what I know I
have at my disposal:

*My own compost, although there isn't much, or enough, of it

*I have heard there is a huge pile of rotting horse manure on one of
the Cornell equestrian lots that people available for public taking

You "heard" some unconfirmed rumour about it? Frankly, that
sounds like a bunch of horse-shit.

It does, doesn't it? But this isn't a my-cousin-knows-a-guy rumor.
It's the real poop.

Just remember: shit in, shit out.