Old 29-03-2007, 04:53 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Stackclimber Stackclimber is offline

Default Koi fry

Obviously, the koi that perished must be fried immediately. Hell, fry them
all now. That's my suggestion. You did ask.
Stackclimber
Ponder since 1998 and still loving it.
The best fish I ever had in my pond was a channel catfish. He grew from a 2
inch fingerling to a 2 foot behemoth. And, no.... I didn't eat him.

"humBill" wrote in message
. net...
Hi all - It is soooo nice to see the group back, albeit another
incarnation.

I bought 6 little domestic koi fry about 6 weeks ago. They range between
1 and 2 inches. I put them in an aquarium to grow them out a little
before put them in the pond - and as a quarantine. Unfortunately all but
2 don't seem to be fattening up, infact at least 3 of them are definitely
getting skinny and one died yesterday. The water is fine and the tank was
cycled from the start. In the absence of any other evidence I have to
guess it is my feeding. I have been feeding them goldfish and cichlid
flake. It seems all of them have been eating, but obviously something is
amiss. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas