Old 29-03-2007, 05:11 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
humBill humBill is offline

Default Koi problem

"~ jan" wrote in message Get the fish out of
there ASAP. In the aquarium you can start treatments.
Bring the salt up to 0.3% and get someone to do a scrape and scope, look
at
it gills, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion.

How long had this fish been in the bio.garden pond? When did
they add their last new fish? ~ jan

This fish and probably all the fish there have likely been there their
lifetime. I don't think they ever introduce new fish, but there are many
generations of koi there. In mid Jan our pond society moved a bunch of koi
from a secondary pond to the main one that had been repaired. At that time
quite a few of the koi were scoped and nothing was noticed. But, because
the secondary pond was way overstocked there were some deaths before the
move.

Bill

Zone 7a, SE Washington State