Old 29-03-2007, 07:28 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default About toads

Ha! You want toads? I can give you toads! All the Fowler's Toads
you
want - but then you won't get any sleep! Instead of the musical trill
of
the American Toad, Fowler's Toad sounds like a cricket on crack:
http://www.state.tn.us/twra/frogs.html
Scroll down near the bottom to play a .wav sound file of these sleep
destroyers. I'll send them to you in a heartbeat!
Happy Ponding,

The Bufo Americanus or American Toad we have in Middle Georgia sounds
more like this "advertisement call":
http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.ed...frogCalls.html
You can have all you want of those too, so now you have a choice.

My wife complains a bit the first night of mating. I sleep through
it.

Regards,

Hal