Old 29-03-2007, 01:56 PM posted to rec.ponds
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default rec.ponds.moderated

On Mar 29, 5:40 am, Gary Woods wrote:
"Phyllis and Jim" wrote:

I used to live in Syracuse. Are you near there?

In global terms, yes: I'm in a little town 30 miles west of Albany along
good old US 20, so about 2 hours from Syracuse. My older daughter (of 2)
and family live outside Rochester.

And although there's still some snow on the ground and ice on the pond, the
grass is greening up, and lots of other birds have joined the redwings for
the morning chorus. So spring is knocking at the door. I'll know for sure
when I see garlic shoots coming up, and that will probably happen as soon
as the snow melts off the bed. Maybe today, if the forecast is right.
Hey, it could happen!

Cheers,

I remember the end of March when I was kid. We used to wash the dog
by having her chase a stick in the locak park. It collected water
from melting snows in the low spots. Lots more fun that washing her
at home.

Jim